Tuesday, March 8, 2011

All roads lead to Goodwill

Over last weekend I had a fun filled time in Fayetteville, West Virginia. I got to go to Charlie's Pub which I highly recommend for anyone passing through that area. I love cluttered places like this because there are so many neat things to look at. Some of these things include: a giant jar of pickles on the counter with a sign saying "NO Self Serve!" Also, a laundry line of panties and thongs across the bar, a standard old juke box, and bumper stickers for $1.
Shot of the cluttered bar
Bumper sticker!

In Beckley, West Virginia they have the perfect trifecta all in sight of each other: Gabes, Goodwill, and Jo-Ann fabrics. At the fabric store I got a couple yards of unbleached muslin to do some mock-ups with. Muslin is great, only $1.99 per yard. I think I should make everything out of muslin and just dye it fun colors later.

At goodwill, I got a t-shirt which I thought was really cool but when I tried it on later, it's too big and looks sloppy. Sadness. I did get something totally great though. This vase!


This was one of those things the cashier seemed to judge me for. She thought it was ugly so I got it for 50cents. WIN. (Looks like Charlie Sheen isn't the only one winning!) I love it! It is adorably ugly. Sometimes I really like things just because they are so obviously hand made. Do not fear the ugly! Instead, cherish the ugly's sweet personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment