Thursday, March 24, 2011

On the road again

I've been traveling a lot lately. If the travel channel wanted to have me host a show about slum shopping that would be great. Actually, that would be more than great. I try to go to as many thrift shops as possible when I travel. I am fortunate to have a boyfriend that loves to do that too.

Woo! Going to Louisville! I would rather take pictures of my feet than drive.

We spent last weekend in Louisville, KY for the Humana Festival at the Actor's Theater. It was great! We had so much fun with friends and saw some really great theater. Most importantly, we went to a couple great Goodwills. (Well, most important in terms of this blog anyways...)

Taking out the trash.

This was a down and dirty Goodwill. They literally (yes, see picture above) gave me my purchases in a trash bag. I thought it was funny. I love trash.

This Goodwill caused me to have a shoppers remorse moment. (Please see post about the pros and cons of treasure hunting.) Looking back, I feel like I really should have bought this picture.

I wish I would have bought this.
Here's why I didn't get the picture: It cost $14 dollars which I felt was pretty high. Also, the store was closing in ten minutes. Finally, the people at the register were being ...difficult and talking them down on price seemed unlikely because of the time.

Here's why I wanted it: My awesome/amazing/fantastic friend Lenza (whom I lived with for the first two years of college) got this exact picture at a Goodwill. It hung in our dorm room and then in our first apartment. She still has it. I want it too! Then it would be like a wormhole portal something from where she hangs hers to where I hang mine.

I didn't buy it! I still feel terrible about it! I should have dropped everything else just so I could get this! I want to drive the 3 hours back to this Louisville Goodwill just to get it -but then what if it isn't there anymore? Aahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment